woensdag, december 27, 2006

Google selling keyword positions or not?

Google selling keyword positions or not?: "Greeting fellow webmasters.

This is about Google and affiliate marketing. I will explain some details of the issue before I present it. I have screen shots and other facts to support this posting but I do not want to share them here for reason that will become obvious as you read this.

First let me say the manufacturer of the product that is affiliate marketed has always let the affiliates do the marketing. The manufacturer recently added direct sales to its web site. They still allowed the affiliates to do the marketing and did not compete in the search engine market place with affiliates. In fact, they sell the product at the same price as the affiliates. They have the right to change any of that but that is not what this is about. They are a billion dollar company and I am one of their top 10 producers.

That said, I have a site that has been 1 on Google in several keywords since 1998. The keyword is not a trademark or product name of the manufacturer. The web site adds value to the customer and offers a couple of other choices from other manufacturers. Our site is highly ranked and has a good reputation. It has deep content of value to the customer. We follow all of Google's guidelines and rules.

Now let me explain what I want to discuss with you.

Google changed the order of many of 'our' keyword result"